Hello you all!
I know—I haven’t been really active on the blog lately. I got a new job that requires all my time and creativity! I was hired as a social media manager for a pretty cool tech/food company, which means I have to learn a few tricky things: American idioms, a ton of food puns, and techniques for taking attractive pictures for our community! I can’t complain. I really wanted to get a foot in the food industry. Even though I have to admit that the working life in New York is very intense compared to Seattle, I am happy to work hard to share the values I have grown up with—that food is the best pleasure in life, and it is also the best way to stay healthy, creative, curious and social! It is very rewarding to inspire more Americans to cook, to discover ingredients and recipes, and earn confidence in the kitchen. There is so much to do for food education in this country. Deep inside, I am sure things are changing as new generations are more and more concerned about the environment and the quality of the food they put on their plate. You are what you eat, after all! I am pleased to be part of that movement.
To celebrate my new job, I want to share a festive cranberry drink recipe with you. Better yet, it’s right on time for the holidays!
Ingredients & recipe:
– 3 parts cranberry juice — for bulk recipes, I recommend you get reduced-sugar juice
– 1 part vodka
– 12 cranberries (or more if you increase the juice-‘n-hooch quantity)
– 4 slices of lemon (again, or more…)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– A sprinkle of cinnamon
– A rosemary branch for decoration
– For the crystal edge: put the glass on a plate of honey, then on a plate of crystal sugar
Happy sipping, happy holidays!